For all the apple pie lovers, here’s an old classic with a twist! These apple pie bites capture everything you love about an apple pie, but in a bite size. This dessert is incredibly delicious as well as super easy!
What you need:
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and additional apple spice for sprinkling on top
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1 small granny smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2 inch) slices
1 (8 ounce) can of Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F before lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix brown sugar and apple pie spice together in a small bowl before setting aside.
- Toss the apple slices in the melted butter and also set that aside.
- Use the crescent roll triangles on the baking sheet with parchment paper, and then evenly spread the brown sugar mixture on each triangle.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans across each triangle.
- Use each apple slice on the wide end of each triangle, then wrap each crescent roll dough around each of the apples.
- Use the remaining butter to brush across each of the crescent rolls. Then sprinkle lightly with the extra apple pie spices.
- Bake the rolls for 10-12 minutes, or until the outside is golden brown. Once it is complete, cool down for 5 minutes before serving.
You can enjoy this delicious dessert with all your apple pie favorites, like ice cream!